At the MBE CPAs affiliate group, your sense of purpose is clear- you directly impact the success of businesses in your communities. Be it the local bakery that has sold your favorite bread for years or the budding entrepreneur that’s getting their business off the ground, our team passionately works to ensure businesses can thrive.
After being a team of a couple dozen 10 years ago, we are now 150+ team members and continuing to grow rapidly with 10 office locations across Wisconsin. With our growth, we never lose touch with the importance of providing a family friendly workplace that builds authentic relationships with our clients. At MBE, you aren’t just a number and the client isn’t just a name in the system.
Ever committed to providing a flexible workplace, we offer onsite and hybrid opportunities from the majority of 10 office locations in Wisconsin. Don’t let your location prevent you from joining our team!
Tax Specialists are a key part of the 1040 individual tax team responsible for managing client relationships while ensuring final annual tax products for individuals are produced and delivered to client within expected timelines. This includes:
- Preparing tax records and reports for 1049 individual tax clients.
- Assisting clients with IRS correspondence when appropriate.
- Preparing 1099’s and other year-end work.
- Compiling financial statements and sales tax reporting.
- Assisting with client bookkeeping including banking, reconciliation, deposits, ledger entries, office filing, account receivable, and accounts payable.
- Providing QuickBooks (QB) support and consulting including training clients on managing their records in QB on an as-needed basis.
- Communicating and meeting with clients as requested; providing recommendations to assist clients with financial or tax needs.
- Actively pursuing self-development opportunities and continuing education to keep all professional certifications and knowledge of tax legislation current.
- Leveraging commercial and market knowledge to identify client opportunities to sell additional value added services from MBE affiliate group.
- Assisting with other duties associated with a full service CPA firm as needed to support the team and our clients.
What experience and skills do I need to be successful?
We are always willing to train candidates younger in their career or utilize skills of a seasoned pro. Here are some skills we’d love to see on your resume:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting highly desired or equivalent work experience.
- CPA certification highly desired or ability to attain.
- Accounting experience within a public accounting firm highly desired.
- Comfortable working daily in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Oral and written communication skills to support building client relationships.
Amazing Perks and Benefits Package:
This position pays a competitive wage commensurate with direct experience, skills, and time spent in a related role. We also offer great benefits and perks including:
- Incredible potential for upward mobility and career growth into your desired area across the affiliate group.
- Summer office hours May-September with the office closing at noon on Fridays.
- 3 different medical plan options through Dean Health Insurance
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options for medical or dependent care
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401k employer matching program to save for retirement
- Group life insurance paid by the company
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options
- Employee referral bonus program
- Annual personal tax return prepared free of charge
- Annual allowance for employee apparel
- Annual reimbursement for qualified fitness-related expenses
- Tuition reimbursement and CPA assistance
- Community involvement reimbursements
- Free employee snacks, lunches, and beverages
- Employee parties and events
- Direct deposit of paycheck
What will my schedule look like?
As a CPA firm, our accounting team enjoys the work hard, play hard mantra. You’ll enjoy the challenge of meeting deadlines during tax season January through April followed by off season months where you can flex the typical Monday-Friday 8a-5p schedule around any personal passions or family time as long as business needs are being met.
More about the MBE Affiliate Group:
Our largest business arm, MBE CPAs, is a team of accounting experts who use our accounting knowledge and business experience to help others succeed in their financial journeys. We have expanded our services over the years to include a number of affiliates that provide a robust set of services to our clients including:
- Wealth management services through MBE Wealth Management
- Payroll services through Payroll Solutions
- Human resources services through Workforce Solutions
- Web design and digital marketing solutions through Right to Evolve
- Real estate management solutions through REMS
- Storage solutions through Secure Storage
- Software solutions through GoVirtualOffice
We proudly offer services across Wisconsin with ten locations including Fort Atkinson, Mauston, Marshfield, Portage, Reedsburg, Sun Prairie, Tomah, Wausau, Wisconsin Dells-Lake Delton, and our corporate headquarters in Baraboo.
So how do I join?
First step is applying with your resume. If your qualifications look like a fit, we will reach out to learn more.
Interested in a role with us, but don’t see an opening that’s the perfect match? Reach out to our HR team, Kayla Schaller-Greenwood and Lisa Zautke, on LinkedIn to discuss how your skills could contribute to the team.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Finance, Administrative