Affinity Group Director
Affinity Group Director
JOB TITLE: Director of Affinity Groups
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full time –salaried, some non-business hours required
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide support and manage the direction of Women In Action and Emerging Leader programs with the goal of increasing membership, resources, engagement, understanding and action to advance the impact goal areas of United Way.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work alongside volunteers to develop the work plans, structure and strategic direction to advance program goals. Provide gentle guidance to help the group keep focus and be successful. Attendance at 10 or more meetings per month is expected.
- Manage the committee process and assist as needed to complete agendas, minutes, detail action lists. Encourage committee members to be responsible for much of the work.
- Understand, enter and manage the information about donors into the database software and create reports and downloads to be able to meet the membership needs. This includes things like member participation or attendance, volunteer interests, and other data to be tracked..
- Always look to engage the support of volunteers to help with functions, projects and tasks.
- Respond to requests or inquiries from the public about interest or involvement in the affinity groups.
- Set up registrations and invites for regular and special functions utilizing the event software.
- Prepare correspondences and regularly create and send E-news and other communications of activities to members.
- Ensure information about the affinity groups are kept current on the web site, included in newsletters, calendars, and posted on social media applications such as Facebook.
- Coordinate and manage the calendar and promotion of affinity group projects and events with the councils and sub committees to ensure that consistent communications are occurring to keep affinity group members connected to their opportunities and the work of United Way.
- Report information and code revenue and expense information appropriately to enable finance staff to run reports and detail for affinity group program revenues and expenses. Assist with member needs to make purchases for projects.
- Maintain records and materials needed to assist members and staff in making coordinated sponsorship and special donation requests.
- Apply consistent United Way messaging and branding in all of our work, promotions and materials.
- Collaborate with United Way groups and staff working on common issues, fundraising, or communications. Be well connected to understand the work of United Way.
- Communicate with staff to assure activities are managed and coordinated with United Way activities. Make sure records are filed and can be accessed by others.
- Assist with managing the details of a few major fundraising events and regular membership events with volunteer leaders to include: venue, food, activities, expenses, volunteer sign-up, invites, registrations and event details. There is estimated to be 8-12 evening events per year and 2-4 Saturdays which require attendance and adjusted hours.
- A four-year bachelors degree preferred and proven work experience required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Genuine interest and dedication to being involved in nonprofit work that benefits the community.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and interact with a broad range of personality types to build relationships with volunteers and affinity group members.
- Exceptional administrative skills to include computer knowledge, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook with the ability to learn new database software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks, events and a variety of projects.
- High level of accuracy with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge or experience of volunteer management and coordination
- Displays a positive attitude both verbally and non-verbally in thought and action.
- Possesses critical thinking to communicate effectively with volunteers and staff.
- Knowledge of social media applications.
- Knowledge or ability to learn how to create attractive materials with consistent brand.
- Action oriented-- knowing how to get things done and speak out to ask for guidance and direction.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to manage projects with volunteers and staff.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation is needed
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development