Why work for Northern Wire, EFG?
- $1,000 sign-on bonus & quarterly performance bonuses.
- Enjoy flexible scheduling options & 4-day work weeks. Perfect for parents, students, and more!
- Competitive pay starting at $16+ an hour based on experience in addition to $2/hr shift differential.
- Receive same day pay with Pay on Demand from Paylocity!
- Enjoy 80 hours of Vacation and 16 hours of PTO (Prorated your first year based on date of hire).
- 80 hours of paid holidays so you can enjoy your time with family and friends.
- Feel recognized and valued with our monthly birthday and service anniversary celebrations.
- Take advantage of our full suite of benefits such as medical, dental, and vision.
- Protect your future with our comprehensive 401(k) plan and our company paid life insurance.
- Feel secure with our short-term & long-term disability options.
- Advance your career with company paid tuition reimbursement.
About Northern Wire, EFG:
Northern Wire is Elgin Fastener Group’s largest single-source supplier specializing in a wide range of functions such as wire forming, plating, heading, forging, forming, and more. Join our team of premier employees and become part of the Elgin Advantage!
What Does a Machine Operator Do?
- Sets-up and operates a variety of machinery to press, punch, cut, and bend metal.
- Inspects parts to ensure quality of work.
- Maintains close tolerances.
- Ensures safety of the plant by following safety procedures and protocols.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness by maintaining your workstations.
- Transports materials as needed.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
What makes an ideal candidate?
What are the requirements?
- High School Diploma or a GED preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs independently, safely, and repetitively.
Job Type : Part-time, Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : ""